We’re looking for an exceptional Revit drafter to join our team.
The Melton Design Build team specializes in converting our client’s dreams into reality with our award-winning residential design and construction services, and we need a passionate, talented, team-work-oriented, and quality-driven Revit drafter to help us fulfill our mission.
Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
The Revit Drafter is responsible for assisting the design team with construction projects by developing Revit drawings and details.
- Conducts site measures/scans and creates accurate as-built drawings in Revit.
- Collects and documents building permit information, such as floor area ratios, COBECC requirements, Buildsmart requirements, and Boulder County assessor data.
- Develops schematic design, design development, and construction documents in Revit. The end results of which are to have a clear, concise, and complete set of construction documents in order to obtain a building permit and to construct the project based on these documents.
- Communicates with city and county regarding energy efficiency, zoning, and other permitting requirements.
- Works with outside engineers and consultants to get engineering, calcs and pertinent information incorporated into our construction drawing set.
- Participates in team weekly meetings and adheres to the cadence of accountability (weekly commitments).
- Accept & complete redline notes for multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Creates 3D renderings in Revit to convey our design ideas to clients.
- Develops and maintains Revit library of families and details.
- Helps the design team put together compelling client presentations.
- Helps streamline and improve our processes.
Skills & Knowledge
- Certified Professional and/or highly proficient with Revit software.
- Highly proficient in construction and architectural standards and detailing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and problem-solve with minimum supervision.
Education & Experience
- Proficiency with Sketchup, Enscape, Illustrator, In-Design, 3D Studio, and Photoshop is a plus.
- Knowledge and design experience with residential remodels and/or new homes.
- 2 years of experience working in the construction field is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel and navigate to client sites.
- Must be able to work safely at client sites in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Must be able to distinguish colors and shapes to design.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Building and exhibiting team member trust.
- Engaging in effective and productive communication.
- Engaging in unfiltered conflict around ideas.
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action.
- Holding oneself and others accountable for delivering against the agreed-upon action plans.
- Focusing on the achievement of collective results.
Melton offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance.
- Company-matching Simple IRA.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Paid holidays.
- Tool loan program.
- Competitive salary.
- Fun & rewarding place to work.
- Monthly employee events and annual parties.
- Core values including integrity, respect, dependability, and continuous improvement.
- Training and career advancement opportunities.
- Family-friendly atmosphere.
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.
Nothing here relevant?
If you’d like to join us but don’t see a good match for your skills and experience, reach out and send us your resume anyway, we might have something available in the near future.