We’re looking for an exceptional Revit drafter to join our team.
The Melton Design Build team specializes in converting our client’s dreams into reality with our award-winning residential design and construction services, and we need a passionate, talented, team-work-oriented, and quality-driven Revit drafter to help us fulfill our mission.
Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
The Revit Drafter is responsible for assisting the design team with construction projects by developing Revit drawings and details.
- Conducts site measures/scans and creates accurate as-built drawings in Revit.
- Collects and documents building permit information, such as floor area ratios, COBECC requirements, Buildsmart requirements, and Boulder County assessor data.
- Develops schematic design, design development, and construction documents in Revit. The end results of which are to have a clear, concise, and complete set of construction documents in order to obtain a building permit and to construct the project based on these documents.
- Communicates with city and county regarding energy efficiency, zoning, and other permitting requirements.
- Works with outside engineers and consultants to get engineering, calcs and pertinent information incorporated into our construction drawing set.
- Participates in team weekly meetings and adheres to the cadence of accountability (weekly commitments).
- Accept & complete redline notes for multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Creates 3D renderings in Revit to convey our design ideas to clients.
- Develops and maintains Revit library of families and details.
- Helps the design team put together compelling client presentations.
- Helps streamline and improve our processes.
Skills & Knowledge
- Certified Professional and/or highly proficient with Revit software.
- Highly proficient in construction and architectural standards and detailing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and problem-solve with minimum supervision.
Education & Experience
- Proficiency with Sketchup, Enscape, Illustrator, In-Design, 3D Studio, and Photoshop is a plus.
- Knowledge and design experience with residential remodels and/or new homes.
- 2 years of experience working in the construction field is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel and navigate to client sites.
- Must be able to work safely at client sites in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Must be able to distinguish colors and shapes to design.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Building and exhibiting team member trust.
- Engaging in effective and productive communication.
- Engaging in unfiltered conflict around ideas.
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action.
- Holding oneself and others accountable for delivering against the agreed-upon action plans.
- Focusing on the achievement of collective results.
Melton offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance.
- Company-matching Simple IRA.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Paid holidays.
- Tool loan program.
- Competitive salary.
- Fun & rewarding place to work.
- Monthly employee events and annual parties.
- Core values including integrity, respect, dependability, and continuous improvement.
- Training and career advancement opportunities.
- Family-friendly atmosphere.
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.