Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
Assist the controller with maintaining the company’s financial and accounting records. Work closely with accounting team members and assist with client invoicing, accounts payable, and all accounting tasks that keep the company operating smoothly.
- Perform month-end close duties including journal entries, account reconciliations, and project work in process calculation
- Assist Accounts Payable Specialist with daily workload using Bill.com and QuickBooks desktop
- Assist Senior Accounting Specialist with client invoicing
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure accurate job costing
- Complete city and state use tax returns
- Assist Controller with annual insurance audits
- Assist with year-end close in conjunction with outside CPA firm
- File quarterly payroll tax reports through QuickBooks
- Assist with annual filing of 1099s, W-2s
- Prepare financial and other reports as needed
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks Desktop
- Experience in a variety of accounting functions
- General understanding of construction accounting
- Analytical skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 4+ years general accounting experience preferred
- 2+ years hands-on QuickBooks experience preferred
- 2+ years payroll experience preferred
- 1+ years job cost or product cost experience preferred
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
- Emotional intelligence
- Building and exhibiting team member trust
- Engaging in effective and productive communication
- Engaging in unfiltered conflict around ideas
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action
- Holding oneself and other accountable for delivering against the agreed upon action plans
- Focusing on the achievement of collective results
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
$65,000 – $80,000 DOE
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.
Nothing here relevant?
If you’d like to join us but don’t see a good match for your skills and experience, reach out and send us your resume anyway, we might have something available in the near future.