We’re looking for an exceptional Staff Accountant to join our team.
The Melton Design Build team specializes in converting our client’s dreams into reality with our award-winning residential design and construction services, and we need a passionate, talented, team-work-oriented, and quality-driven staff accountant to help us maintain our financial records and reports.
Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, and maintaining accounts payable documentation.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable and assisting with processing through Bill.com software.
- Reconciling accounts payable records with vendor statements.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests and reviewing financial statements.
- Assisting the Controller as needed and respond to information requests by Management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Basic Excel skills (pivot tables, VLookup, date functions, etc).
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop accounting software preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry a plus.
Prolonged periods of standing and sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Building and exhibiting team member trust.
- Engaging in effective and productive communication.
- Engaging in unfiltered conflict around ideas.
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action.
- Holding oneself and others accountable for delivering against the agreed-upon action plans.
Melton offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Company-matching Simple IRA
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Tool loan program
- Competitive salary
- Fun & rewarding place to work
- Monthly employee events and annual parties
- Core values that include integrity, respect, dependability, and continuous improvement
- Training and career advancement opportunities
- Family-friendly atmosphere
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.