6 Summer Projects You’ll Love
We know it’s barely spring, but now is the time to start planning for summer activities and entertaining. With the amazing weather we enjoy here along the foothills, you’ll want to spend as much time outdoors as possible. Here are some great ideas for getting your outdoor spaces summer-fun ready!
1. Add some cute to your cushions. Update your outdoor furniture with upholstered cushions in bright, cheery fabrics. You can purchase ready-made pieces in outdoor fabrics. If you need some custom cushions, you can purchase outdoor fabric by the yard and create a look unique to your home and your personal style.
2. Cool things down. Add a ceiling fan to your outdoor living room. Even with the mild temperatures along the Front Range, a ceiling fan will help keep you cool. Choose one with a built-in light fixture to use the space for evening entertaining or family game night al fresco!
3. Green your thumb and your outdoor spaces. Use pots in various sizes and colors and hanging pots to add some greenery to your outdoor living room. Choose plants that don’t require much water but thrive in Colorado such as threadleaf coreopsis, yellow whitlow grass or autumn moor grass.
4. Light a Fire. Although summer days may be warm, often our evenings are chilly. Add a fireplace to your outdoor living space for ambiance and some warmth so you can stay out until the wee hours.
5. Cook up a storm. Keep the indoor kitchen clean all season by building an outdoor kitchen. Today’s outdoor cooking goes way beyond the grill. Include a sink, refrigerator, warming drawers…whatever you need for family dinners or entertaining.
6. Fine tune. Consider an outdoor stereo system with surround sound for soft background music when you’re relaxing outdoors. Turn it up in the evening for an impromptu dance party.
No matter how you decorate your outdoor spaces, the most important thing you can do is get out there and enjoy them!
For more ideas, check out our Outdoor Living ideabook on Houzz.com.