5 Creative Ways to Use Radiant Orchid: Pantone’s Color of 2014
Every year Pantone hosts a conference where they invite representatives from color standard groups across the globe to meet and engage in discussions and presentations to determine the following year’s Color of the Year. For 2014, Bright and radiant colors have made a comeback! Radiant Orchid, Pantone’s color of the year choice, is bringing energy back into design. The orchid trend, having started in fashion design, has now seamlessly infiltrated home décor. Here are some flawless examples for implementing this year’s bold color into your home.
1. If an orchid room is a little too much for you, tone it down a bit. These bright industrial-style chairs add pop to this sleek, contemporary dining room without overwhelming the space.
2. Accent wallpaper is all the rage nowadays. It’s an easy and effective way to creatively add to the room’s color palette. This multi-tone orchid pattern blends ‘groovy’ and ‘classy’ perfectly.
3. Don’t forget the power of throw pillows! Throw pillows are a easy way to sprinkle some of those bold colors into the décor and allow you to mix and match patterns.
4. Take the vintage approach with a faded orchid tone. The texture of the wall paired with the furniture and decor give the space a sense of comfort and warmth.
5. A classic black and white kitchen is a great location to experiment with accent walls. Allow radiant orchid to add character and excitement to the space.
Check out Pantone’s Color of the Year Pinterest Board for more fashion and design ideas if you haven’t had enough Radiant Orchid!