Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
We’re looking for a customer service-oriented, motivated individual for a full-time (Monday- Friday) position with Melton Design Build. We seek an experienced carpenter who is comfortable working on various project sizes ranging from small details to full custom homes. We are looking for someone who enjoys talking with clients, is organized, works well in a team environment, and can prioritize while efficiently completing exceptional work with minimal supervision. Must have carpentry experience and good finish and trim skills, including interior and exterior trim, framing, cabinetry, doors, and windows.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient in the use of a variety of power and hand tools.
- Possesses a high level of professionalism in interacting with clients.
- Ability to track time and work activities through an electronic tracking system.
- Ability to use Smart Sheets for schedules and task list updating
Education & Experience
- Preferably 3+ years of carpentry experience.
- Experience in framing, finish and trim for interior and exterior trim.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Must be able to operate carpentry tools.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and possibly more with assisted lifting
- Must have a positive can-do attitude
- Must be able to follow and practice safety protocols
- Must have an extensive set of personal tools which can be used on the job.
- Must have reliable transportation to reach client locations.
Melton offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Wellness Reimbursements
- Company-matching Simple IRA
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Tool loan program
- Competitive salary
- Fun & rewarding place to work
- Monthly employee events and annual parties
- Core values that include integrity, respect, dependability, and continuous improvement
- Training and career advancement opportunities
- Family-friendly atmosphere
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
$26-$30 / Hour
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.
Nothing here relevant?
If you’d like to join us but don’t see a good match for your skills and experience, reach out and send us your resume anyway, we might have something available in the near future.