Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
We’re looking for a customer service-oriented, motivated individual for a full-time (Monday- Friday) position with Melton Design Build. We seek an experienced carpenter who is comfortable working on various project sizes ranging from small details to full custom homes. We are looking for someone who enjoys talking with clients, is organized, works well in a team environment, and can prioritize while efficiently completing exceptional work with minimal supervision. Must have carpentry experience and good finish and trim skills, including interior and exterior trim, framing, cabinetry, doors, and windows.
- Perform tasks in all areas and aspects of construction projects
- Perform quality work at all times and willingly rework projects as requested
- Complete projects on budget and on schedule while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with Project Manager for material needed to complete work
- Able to lay out, measure, plan, and execute work activities
- Demonstrate good organizational skills and daily planning
- Operate carpentry tools
- Communicate daily with Lead Carpenter and/or Project Manager on daily accomplishments and the next day’s assignments
- Work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards
- All other duties as assigned
- Proficient in the use of a variety of power and hand tools
- Possess a high level of professionalism in interacting with clients
- Ability to track time and work activities through an electronic tracking system
- Ability to use Smart Sheets for schedules and task list updating
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to maintain a positive and can-do attitude
- Preferably 3+ years of carpentry experience
- Experience in framing, finish, and trim for interior and exterior trim desired
- Ability to follow and practice safety protocols
- Must have reliable transportation to reach client locations
Melton offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Wellness Reimbursements
- Company-matching Simple IRA
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Tool loan program
- Competitive salary
- Fun & rewarding place to work
- Monthly employee events and annual parties
- Core values that include integrity, respect, dependability, and continuous improvement
- Training and career advancement opportunities
- Family-friendly atmosphere
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
$20-$30 / Hour
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.
Nothing here relevant?
If you’d like to join us but don’t see a good match for your skills and experience, reach out and send us your resume anyway, we might have something available in the near future.