We’re looking for an exceptional estimator to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
We specialize in converting our client’s dreams into reality with our award-winning residential design and construction services, and we need a dedicated estimator to help us continue to impress our customers.
We believe strongly in work-life balance. Our team rarely works overtime or weekends. We also offer lots of great benefits and perks including 100% paid health insurance and bagel Monday!
In this role, you’ll assist with the estimating of residential remodels, commercial tenant finishes, and other light construction projects. This includes:
- Help obtain pricing from trade partners and material suppliers.
- Help document the scope of work for projects.
- Help organize all project information so that Melton’s production team can build it.
- Assist with finding and vetting new trade partners and suppliers as needed.
- Work in close collaboration with our Estimating Manager to price our remodel, tenant finish, and new construction projects.
- Schedule internal and external estimating meetings and trade walks.
- Select trade partners to participate in the bidding process
- Work with the Design Department to make sure plans are up to date for trade walks and sets are printed
- Set up and maintain Dropbox folders for projects in estimating phase
- Prepare material takeoffs from design drawings/blueprints.
- Send drawings/sketches to material suppliers and request quotes.
- Help create the scope of work documents for each trade.
- Attend trade walks as needed.
- Follow up with trade partners and suppliers to obtain all the proposals we need to put together a complete estimate.
- Prepare and review field reports, estimates, quotations, and other job documents, and help create three-ring job binders.
- Help negotiate lower costs with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Help obtain unit pricing for our trade partners and suppliers.
- Help Project Managers with change orders as needed.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of residential and light commercial construction, including blueprint reading skills.
- Knowledge of local building markets and subcontractor base.
- Knowledge of IBC / IRC and local building codes.
- Ability to create conceptual estimates with minimal information
- Able to work well with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers, as well as our Design and Production teams.
- Able to work independently in a very organized manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Skilled with the Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience using estimating software a plus.
- Full time
- $60,000 – $85,000 Annually
Does this sound like a great fit for you? Or do you have questions about the position? Please submit any questions, or your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.
Nothing here relevant?
If you’d like to join us but don’t see a good match for your skills and experience, reach out and send us your resume anyway, we might have something available in the near future.