We’re looking for an exceptional estimator to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
We specialize in converting our client’s dreams into reality with our award-winning residential design and construction services, and we need a dedicated estimator to help us continue to impress our customers.
We believe strongly in work-life balance. Our team rarely works overtime or weekends. We also offer lots of great benefits and perks including 100% paid health insurance and bagel Monday!
In this role, you’ll assist with the estimating of residential remodels, commercial tenant finishes, and other light construction projects. This includes:
- Help obtain pricing from trade partners and material suppliers.
- Help document the scope of work for projects.
- Help organize all project information so that Melton’s production team can build it.
- Assist with finding and vetting new trade partners and suppliers as needed.
- Work in close collaboration with our Estimating Manager to price our remodel, tenant finish, and new construction projects.
- Schedule internal and external estimating meetings and trade walks.
- Select trade partners to participate in the bidding process
- Work with the Design Department to make sure plans are up to date for trade walks and sets are printed
- Set up and maintain Dropbox folders for projects in estimating phase
- Prepare material takeoffs from design drawings/blueprints.
- Send drawings/sketches to material suppliers and request quotes.
- Help create the scope of work documents for each trade.
- Attend trade walks as needed.
- Follow up with trade partners and suppliers to obtain all the proposals we need to put together a complete estimate.
- Prepare and review field reports, estimates, quotations, and other job documents, and help create three-ring job binders.
- Help negotiate lower costs with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Help obtain unit pricing for our trade partners and suppliers.
- Help Project Managers with change orders as needed.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of residential and light commercial construction, including blueprint reading skills.
- Knowledge of local building markets and subcontractor base.
- Knowledge of IBC / IRC and local building codes.
- Ability to create conceptual estimates with minimal information
- Able to work well with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers, as well as our Design and Production teams.
- Able to work independently in a very organized manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Skilled with the Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience using estimating software a plus.
- Full time
- $60,000 – $85,000 Annually
Does this sound like a great fit for you? Or do you have questions about the position? Please submit any questions, or your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.