Human Resources Generalist
Melton Design Build is looking for a talented Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
At Melton Design Build, human resources (HR) is focused on understanding what people need and knowing how to provide it. If you’re a people person looking for a career in the exciting world of HR, this is a great place to dive in. We understand that our business thrives when our personnel thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professional.
The HR Generalist is an essential part of our team and culture. At a high level, this person is responsible for recruiting and onboarding new employees, continuously improving our company culture and employment brand, payroll, benefits administration, and aligning Melton’s people strategy with Melton’s business strategy.
About Melton Design Build:
Based in Boulder Colorado, Melton Design Build is one of the top design-build remodeling firms in the country. Since 1993, Melton Design Build has delivered award-winning residential architecture and design services, meticulous craftsmanship, and solid construction. As a nationally recognized design-build remodeling contractor and new home builder, we have made it possible for hundreds of Boulder County residents to enjoy well-designed homes that complement their lifestyle.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Ability to simplify and streamline procedures.
- Natural interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and problem solve with minimal supervision.
Education & Experience:
- Must have one to two years of experience in an HR Generalist role.
- Must have solid Microsoft Office skills, specifically, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Two years of experience with QuickBooks; knowledge of Enterprise addition a plus; experience with job-costed payroll a plus.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
Want to apply? Please send a cover letter and resume to Rick@meltondb.com.