We’re looking for an exceptional Project Developer to join our team.
The Melton Design Build team specializes in converting our client’s dreams into reality with our award-winning residential design and construction services, and we need a passionate, talented, team-work-oriented, and customer service-driven project developer to help us continue to bring projects to life and successfully guide clients through the process.
Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
Develop and sign remodeling projects that meet the customer’s needs, represent value to the customer, and generate the specified profit for the company. In addition to contracting the projects, this person will manage the design and development of projects within the company’s design/build system and make sure that the all phases of the project go as planned. This individual will provide strong guidance to the design team, so that the project budget and client needs are met. The Project Developer (PD) acts as the client’s main contact throughout the pre-production process. Responsible for generating revenue by effectively managing all leads, selling the advantages of the design/build process, meeting with clients to discuss remodeling options, developing the clients emotional connection to the project, and providing exceptional customer service. It is important that all PD’s generate their own leads through community outreach and social events.
- Develop, sign and maintain our Design and Construction backlog. The specific dollar goals for each
of these is set at the monthly Goals Meeting.
- Represent Melton Design Build in a professional and respectful manner.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance while at work and meeting with customers.
- Follow up with phone calls and emails to prospects and clients.
- Build rapport with prospects and clients.
- Attend all client meetings to complete the sale and develop the project within budget
- Write and review each project’s scope of work and estimate to ensure we are designing to the
customer’s budget and that we will earn the specified gross profit on the job and maintain a high level
of customer service.
- Meet or exceed company development goals established by the Development Manager.
- Develop strategies to increase sales.
- Communicate effectively with construction and inter-office personnel.
- Obtain and maintain product knowledge and use this knowledge to gain a competitive advantage.
- Develop alternative ways to generate prospects.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledgeable about residential and commercial construction, and the processes involved.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to qualify leads
- Effective approach to developing and signing projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer Service Experience
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience.
- Minimum 3 years of residential and commercial construction experience.
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel and navigate to client sites.
- Must be able to work safely at client sites in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
Melton offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Wellness Reimbursements
- Company-matching Simple IRA
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Competitive salary
- Fun & rewarding place to work
- Monthly employee events and annual parties
- Core values that include integrity, respect, dependability, and continuous improvement
- Training and career advancement opportunities
- Family-friendly atmosphere
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
Salary: $40,000 – $85,000/ year plus Commission
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.
Nothing here relevant?
If you’d like to join us but don’t see a good match for your skills and experience, reach out and send us your resume anyway, we might have something available in the near future.