Based in Boulder, CO, Melton Design Build is one of the top firms in the country. With a focus on ecstatic clients and happy employees, we’ve made it possible for hundreds of residents to enjoy well-designed homes that enhance their lifestyles since 1993.
Perform general carpentry to complete service, home remodel projects, and warranty items. Provide excellent customer service. Manage scheduling, materials, subs, and budget as needed to complete these projects. Set proper client expectations to ensure quality and a positive client experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with clients, HCR Manager, and other project team members.
- Create and/or understand the scope of work and budget for each project.
- Monitor the quality of the service work we are producing. Make sure the craftsmanship is equal to or exceeds our larger remodel projects.
- Plan and organize each project prior to its start:
- Complete a tools & materials checklist.
- Schedule the project with Melton employees, subcontractors, and customers as needed.
- Order materials for delivery to the job site prior to job start.
- If the job is Time & Materials, track and invoice costs.
- Turn in all job receipts weekly.
- Review and approve job invoices as necessary.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with Melton Design Build and trusted trade partners.
- Develop new customers and new projects with existing customers.
- Constantly improve the above processes to make us more efficient and our customers happier.
- Keep Melton tools, equipment, and vehicles clean and in good working order.
- Keep employees and job sites safe and orderly.
- Ability to determine and effectively communicate the difference between a warranty item and a billable task.
- Routinely update schedules and workload projections.
- Seek and track leads for future larger projects.
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional customer relations skills.
- Ability to manage a project, including scheduling and supervising subcontractors.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of residential and commercial construction, and the processes involved.
- Strong general carpentry skills from framing to drywall, tile, trim carpentry, and painting.
- Strong communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 10 years of carpentry experience.
- Competent with technology and ability to learn new systems and software.
- Residential construction and project management experience preferred.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Building and exhibiting team member trust.
- Engaging in effective and productive communication.
- Engaging in unfiltered conflict around ideas.
- Commitment to decisions and plans of action.
- Holding oneself and others accountable for delivering against the agreed-upon action plans.
- Focusing on the achievement of collective results.
Physical Requirements / Requirements
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a full spectrum of carpentry tools.
- Must be able to work safely at client sites in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Must have an extensive set of personal tools which can be used on the job.
- Must have reliable transportation to reach (multiple) project sites.
Melton offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs.
- Short-Term Disability.
- Employee Wellness Reimbursements.
- Company-matching Simple IRA.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Paid holidays.
- Competitive salary.
- Fun & rewarding place to work.
- Monthly employee events and annual parties.
- Core values including integrity, respect, dependability, and continuous improvement.
- Training and career advancement opportunities.
- Family-friendly atmosphere.
Position Pay Information:
Full Time (40 hours)
Salary: $20-$30/hour DOE
If you are interested in the position and meet the above-mentioned qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.
Nothing here relevant?
If you’d like to join us but don’t see a good match for your skills and experience, reach out and send us your resume anyway, we might have something available in the near future.