The Site Superintendent is the primary job site supervisor, coordinating all onsite construction and processes, managing the daily onsite operations, monitoring field staff, and sequencing trade partners. This position works closely with the Project Manager to ensure quality control standards are met and financial and scheduling goals are reached. Ideally, this person is an experienced and accomplished builder/remodeler who has a proven track record of successfully completing projects and enjoys the varied problem-solving aspects of general contracting work. This is a bags-off position that requires people management skills and some computer competencies.
- Oversees and manages carpenters, subcontractors (trade partners), and material suppliers on assigned projects.
- Delegates tasks for all areas and aspects of the construction project.
- Completes projects on budget, on-schedule, while ensuring client satisfaction.
- Performs material take-offs and procurement as necessary.
- Layout, measure and plan all onsite work activities.
- Maintains daily log of all onsite activities, inspections, challenges, and conditions.
- Communicates regularly with the Project Manager with regard to daily accomplishments and upcoming assignments.
- Schedules projects with other Melton field staff, trade partners, and vendors/suppliers as needed.
- Anticipates and identifies design and buildability problems before they arise.
- Maintains a high standard of quality control throughout the life of the project.
- Conducts weekly client meetings in tandem with the Project Manager.
- Confirms specifications and measurements of all long lead items and assists PM with order placement.
- Schedules all job site inspections and meets with inspectors.
- Supervises 1-3 projects concurrently (depending on size and complexity).
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of residential/remodeling construction work, practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with the most recent local and national building codes (i.e. IRC).
- Possesses a high level of professionalism in interacting with clients.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents of all kinds (plans, elevations, submittals, schedules, etc.)
- Ability to track time and work activities through an electronic tracking system.
- Ability to use SmartSheet for project schedules and task list updating.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and other PC-based operating system software.
- Ability to keep field staff and job sites safe and orderly.
- Ability to identify not-in-scope construction events that trigger Change Orders and execute as needed.
- Ability to perform material/labor estimates and analyze job costs on a weekly basis.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and daily planning habits.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of construction safety and OSHA regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly with field staff and trade partners about various construction processes.
- Must be deeply knowledgeable about carpentry installations and the operation of carpentry tools.
- Must be able to perform some computer-based administrative and clerical tasks as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation to reach project locations.
Education & Experience
- Minimum six years of full-time jobsite supervision experience (some residential experience preferred).
- Experience in framing, finish and trim for both interior and exterior applications required.
- Must be fluent in reading and understanding Structural Engineering and Architectural drawings.
- High School Diploma or GED minimum.
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel and navigate to client sites.
- Must be able to work safely at client sites in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Full-time, job costed salary
- $60,000-$79,000 Annually
Interested in Applying? Please email your resume to HR@meltondb.com
Why work with Melton
Health & Retirement
We offer 100% paid premium medical health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matching Simple IRA retirement plan.
Fun & Creative Environment
From monthly employee events and community involvement opportunities to a dedication to work-life balance and training and career advancement opportunities, our team is committed to making Melton a rewarding and fun place to work.
Our competitive compensation packages include paid vacation, sick time, and seven paid holidays per year.